The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee, in partnership with local philanthropists, is offering incentive grants for Jewish children planning to attend not-for-profit Jewish overnight camps for the summer of 2014.
INCENTIVE GRANT GUIDELINES:
• Parent(s) and child(ren) must be Jewish, must have resided full-time in Sarasota or Manatee County for the past year and must be legal residents of the United States.
• The grant money may not be used for a deposit or travel expenses to and from camp.
• Parents must provide proof of camp deposit for each child before any funds will be released by the Federation.
• Funds will be paid directly to the camp.
• Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
PLEASE NOTE: Families who have contributed to the Federation's current campaign
will be given priority in the selection process.
*No student will be will be denied this opportunity due to lack of financial resources. Such situations will be addressed by the Financial Aid Committee.
INCENTIVE GRANT DISTRIBUTION:
INCENTIVE GRANT WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AS FOLLOWS:
1st TIME CAMPER: $1,000
2nd TIME CAMPER: $750
3rd TIME CAMPER & BEYOND: $500
For a complete list of eligible camps, visit www.jewishcamp.org and use the “Find a Jewish Camp” search feature at the top right corner.
For additional scholarship options, please contact your local synagogue, your camp of choice and visit www.onehappycamper.org.