The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee, in partnership with local philanthropists, is offering incentive grants for Jewish children planning to attend not-for-profit Jewish overnight camps for the summer of 2014.
INCENTIVE GRANT GUIDELINES:
• Parent(s) and child(ren) must be Jewish, must have resided full-time in Sarasota or Manatee County for the past year and must be legal residents of the United States.
• The grant money may not be used for a deposit or travel expenses to and from camp.
• Parents must provide proof of camp deposit for each child before any funds will be released by the Federation.
• Funds will be paid directly to the camp.
• Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
PLEASE NOTE: Families who have contributed to the Federation's current campaign
will be given priority in the selection process.
*No student will be will be denied this opportunity due to lack of financial resources. Such situations will be addressed by the Financial Aid Committee.
INCENTIVE GRANT DISTRIBUTION:
INCENTIVE GRANT WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AS FOLLOWS:
1st TIME CAMPER: $1,000
2nd TIME CAMPER: $750
3rd TIME CAMPER & BEYOND: $500
Applications will be available until January 27, 2014.
For a complete list of eligible camps, visit www.jewishcamp.org and use the “Find a Jewish Camp” search feature at the top right corner.
For additional scholarship options, please contact your local synagogue, your camp of choice and visit www.onehappycamper.org.
Questions? Contact Sarah Wertheimer at 941.552.6308.