Each year, The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee awards education grants to qualified applicants attending:
College, Community College, Vocational/Technical
School or University.
• The B'nai B'rith Gulf Coast Lodge Number 2004 offers three $500 scholarships to applicants who meet general requirements.
• The Jacqueline Siegel-Frascella College Scholarship Fund (One $5,000 award annually). Applicant must be actively involved in sports or dance, maintained at least a C or above achievement, has financial need and demonstrated involvement in the Jewish Community. A personal interview is required.
• The Ned and Janet Sinder Scholarship Trust is available to any home-schooled students or high school seniors, anticipating graduation from a school or program, who may be planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution. Three $4,000 awards for first-year students; three $4,000 awards for second-year students. A personal interview is required.
• The Ronald and Geri Yonover College Scholarship Fund is available to applicants pursuing an undergraduate degree at a four-year college.
• Vocational/Technical School Scholarships are available to applicants who are entering or currently enrolled in a vocational/technical/trade program. Applicants must be Jewish and demonstrate finanical need. *Applicants are not required to meet other general requirements.
• The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee Scholarship Fund has provided over $300,000 in additional awards over the past seven years.
• Applicant must be an undergraduate student in the next academic year at a university, college, or community college.
• The applicant and his/her parent(s) must have resided full-time in Sarasota or Manatee County for the past two years, as of the application deadline.
• These scholarships are available only to those of the Jewish faith. The primary consideration for these scholarships is financial need. However, a good academic record and community involvement in Jewish activities are important as well.
• Applications must be received prior to deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
• Scholarship recipients are required to write to the family that established the scholarship and thank them. The Federation is authorized to publicize the names of scholarships recipients and reproduce copies of their thank-you letters.
Scholarships applications are reviewed by the Federation’s Scholarship Committee, chaired by Terry Blumenstein. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance in May. Download the Word document below.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 11th, 2013 at 5:00 pm.
Questions? Contact Amber Ikeman at 343-2106 or email@example.com.