The Federation will be subsidizing a trip to Washington, D.C for limited number of students in 10th, 11th or 12th grade to participate in the 2014 Panim el Panim Seminar on March 23-25, 2014. Learn how to make a difference and advocate for the issues most important to you while exploring our nation’s capital. The PANIM Institute of BBYO is creating a movement of young activists ready to take on the challenges facing the Jewish people, America and the world.
Get complete information from the Panim el Panim website.
Families that have made a contribution to the Federation's current campaign will be given priority.
1. You must identify as a Jewish person.
2. You must be a current sophomore, junior or senior in high school.
3. You and/or your parents must have resided in Sarasota or Manatee County for at least one year prior to applying.
4. You must complete an application and interview (December 11th, 2013 from 4-6 PM. Each interview will be 15 minutes.).
5. Participants will be required to attend pre- and post-trip meetings:
- Tuesday, February 11th – 7:00 – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, April 2nd – 7:00 – 8:30 PM
6. Participants will be required to attend at least five Federation events before and/or after the trip. This may include but is not limited to registration, set-up and clean-up at events, speaking about your experience, and office help. You will be required to submit a log or summary of your volunteering signed by a staff member or project coordinator within one year of your return.
7. Parents will be required to complete 15-hours of volunteer work for the Federation.
8. Promote and assist in recruitment efforts for future recipients.
9. You will be required to write an article for The Jewish News upon your return. Deadline: April 1st, 2014
10. Panim scholarship funds have been made available through the generosity of The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee and its donors. Parents of Panim participants will be required to meet one-on-one with Federation staff to discuss a financial contribution to the Federation’s unrestricted annual campaign.
- NOTE: For families with demonstrated financial need, alternative options for giving can be discussed.
11. Panim participants are required to meet one-on-one with Federation staff upon their return.
12. Panim participants are limited to one domestic travel/scholarship opportunity per year. If you have received a trip or subsidy from Federation for AIPAC, youth group convention or camp grant within the same academic year in which you are applying for Panim, you will not be eligible to attend Panim.
For more information, contact Amber Ikeman at 941-343-2106.
Application deadline: December 6, 2013.
“I learned how Jewish values are intertwined in real life situations and have never felt more passionate about being Jewish. This trip changed my life and inspired me to be a better person and encourage others to help out too because anyone can make a difference.”
– Sarah Levison, 2013 Panim el Panim