Masa Israel Journey offers over 200 study, internship, and volunteer opportunities all over Israel lasting between five and twelve months. The Federation will offer scholarships to applicants who have been accepted to a MASA program – up to $2,000 to cover travel to and from Israel only. Scholarships are first come, first serve.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES:
1. You must be accepted to a MASA program before applying for a travel scholarship. MASA eligibility requirements (for more information, visit www.masaisrael.org)
-- a. 18 – 30 years old.
-- b. Not have Israeli citizenship OR if you do, you must have left Israel before the age of 14 and have lived outside of Israel for at least four consecutive years prior to receiving your grant
-- c. Have not been on an organized program (including an academic program) of more than four months in Israel since September 2004
-- d. Have not spent 4 consecutive months or longer in Israel within the 24 month period prior to the start of your chosen Masa program after the age of 18
2. You and/or your parents must have resided in Sarasota or Manatee County for one year.
3. You must fill out application for travel subsidy (below) and interview.
4. You must submit a letter of acceptance from MASA to Amber Ikeman at 580 McIntosh Rd. Sarasota, FL 34232 or email@example.com
5. Financial need is not a determining factor.
6. Scholarships are available to qualified applicants on a first-come, first-serve basis.
7. You are required to keep a journal/blog of your experience and to write an article for The Jewish News upon your return. Your blog posts and/or newspaper article may be published on the Federation blog and in The Jewish News.
8. You will be required to complete 15 hours of volunteer work for the Federation (or other Jewish organization of your choosing if you are not local). This may include but is not limited to registration, set-up and clean-up at events, speaking about your experience, and office help. You will be required to submit a log or summary of your volunteering signed by a staff member or project coordinator within one year of your return.
9. Parents are requested to complete 15 hours of volunteer work for the Federation.
10. MASA Travel Scholarship funds have been made available through the generosity of The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee and its donors. Recipients and/or parents of recipients will be required meet one-on-one with Federation staff to discuss a financial contribution to the Federation’s unrestricted annual campaign.
-- a. NOTE: For families with demonstrated financial need, little to no giving is required.
11. MASA recipients are required to meet one-on-one with Federation staff upon their return.
12. MASA recipients are limited to one overseas travel/scholarship opportunity per year. If you have received a trip or subsidy from Federation for Young Ambassadors, March of the Living, S.K.I.P., or Alexander Muss within the same academic year in which you are applying for a MASA travel subsidy, you will not be eligible to receive a MASA travel subsidy.
Applicants will be reimbursed for flight expenses upon purchase of tickets.
Questions? Contact Amber Ikeman at 941.343.2106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.