Be a part of The Bob Malkin Young Ambassadors Teen Leadership Mission!
Each year, the Federation selects 15-local high school students to participate in a highly subsidized leadership mission to Israel. The purpose of this educational and spiritual journey is to help these teens develop leadership skills as they learn first-hand the importance of Israel to Jews around the world. Teens not only get to go on an amazing 15-day trip to Israel, but they also particpate in programming throughout the year to truly become local ambassadors for Israel, a significant role in our community.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, YOU MUST:
1) Identify as a Jewish person
2) Be a current sophomore or junior in high school
3) Be a resident of Sarasota or Manatee county.
Please note: Families that have made a contribution to the Federation's current campaign will be given priority.
1. Fill out the online application (below)
THREE STEPS TO APPLY:
*No student will be will be denied this opportunity due to lack of financial resources. Such situations will be addressed by the Financial Aid Committee.
1. Attend ALL** pre-mission training sessions and post meeting training sessions. Parents will be required to attend some meetings and contribute to the cost of snacks and drinks.
2. Participate in the planning and execution of a BMYA 2013 community service project.
3. Upon return, complete an essay about your experience. Select essays will be published in The Jewish News and online.
4. Attend the reunion program.
5. Attend and/or volunteer at Federation/community events throughout the year.
6. Share your experience through speaking opportunities, Federation programs, community organizations, new particpant training sessions, and partnering with younger teens.
**ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY AT ALL PRE- AND POST TRAINING SESSIONS. Exceptions must be apporved by the Project Coordinator. Requests for exceptions must be made in writing at least one week in advance. Requests for approved absences include illness with doctor's note, death in the family, emergencies, or any other situations approved by the Project Coordinator.
-- If you feel that you are unable to meet these requirements,
please reconsider your involvement with this program. --
FAILURE TO MEET PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
1 unexcused absence: $500
2 unexcused absences: $1,000
3 or more: No mission subsidy
APPLICATIONS TO THE 2013 MISSION
ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
Questions? Contact Amber Ikeman at 941.371.4546 ext. 105.